Friday 2 May 2014

Things I've Learned this Week 05.02.14

It's Maaaaaaaaay. I couldn't be happier! This is going to be SUCH a great month! I have a girls weekend this weekend with my Mom and Sister, next weekend is the Sporting Life 10K (which I'm totally nervous for, but it'll be great, I'm sure!), and after that is the LOOOONG weekend. Finally, I'll be going to the Falls for my sweet friend's Bachelorette and then to her wedding the following weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SQUEEEEEE! Throw in my Birthday in there and and whole lot of action going on at work...this is going to be a mental month.

Anyway, that all aside, here are the 5 things I learned on the interwebs this week!

HOW TO SOFTEN BUTTER QUICKLY
This is awesome because I'm always baking last minute and I never remember to take the butter out to allow it to come to room temperature. I'll usually zap it in the microwave, but a little part of it always ends up melting. So, from the darling at Lil' Luna, I learned that all you have to do, is cut it up into slices, set it aside while you're getting your other ingredients together and it will quickly adjust to room tempurature!

 
HOW DOGS REALLY DRINK WATER
This is SOOOOOO cool, you just have to go and watch it for yourself!

HOW TO EASILY REMOVE A STRAWBERRY STEM
It's almost Strawberry season (one of my FAVE fruits) so this tip will come in handy VERY soon!

I NEED THIS NECKLACE
How absolutely adorable is this necklace? I definitely need this in my collection!


HOW TO MAKE MARY KAT SATIN HANDS
So, a looong time ago, but Mom used to be a rep for Mary Kay. My favourite product from them was always their Satin Hands product. I just LOOOVED how it smelled and how my hands felt after using it. I haven't used it for years, but I saw this online and pretty much freaked out. All you need is 1 bottle of Dawn Olay Beauty Hand renewal soap Lots of sugar and 1-2 tablespoons Coconut oil (optional. I cannot WAIT to try making this!
Have a great weekend everyoneeeeeeeeeeee! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment