Tuesday 29 April 2014

Top 5 Fitness Videos for Working Out at Home

First it was the snow. SO MUCH SNOW. Then ice...then snow & ice & wind. Then a little melt then ICE and some more snow. Ice and snow, ice and snow for about 5 months. This meant I did NOT get outside to run or really walk at all. It was so cold, so miserable and quite frankly, I had NO motivation. Sure, I could go to the gym *shudder* or hit an indoor track, but I just wasn't feeling it.

Then finally last week SUN! SUN, GLORIOUS, SUN! The snow went away, the ice went away, it was amazing. I went for a run, shook off the dust (both mentally and physically) and it was amazing. Running really is a cheap form of therapy, especially when the surroundings are right!

Then BAM! Allergies attacked me...along with a cold. Horray. My lungs BURN when it is cold outside at the best of times, so when it's cold AND I have a cold? No fun. Then, to top it all off - torrential rains & winds today. Again, I could go to the gym, but who wants to leave the warmth of their house?

I scoured the interwebs and found (& tried) some REALLY great workouts! I found FitSugar to be the best source. Their videos are high quality and the instructor talks you through the moves so you know you are doing it right. I also REALLY like workouts that are constantly changing because I get bored easily when I'm doing them by myself at home. So, I find 3 10 minute workouts and do them back to back. Not only do they go by quickly, but when you've done 3 videos, that's already half an hour!

Here are my picks for great indoor workouts when the weather outside is not cooperating (or if you just feel like staying home).


My FAVOURITE arm workout. Remember, if you don't have actual hand weights at home, you can use cans of food, bottle of water or any other cylindrical objects:


 
This is a great 8 minute ab workout for when you're short on time and requires NO equipment:




This is a CRAZY Ab workout that requires a little bit of equipment, but are objects you can find around the house:



 This workout is only 10 minutes long, but works a whole host of muscles & includes some cardio:



Finally, if you REALLY want to kick your butt, try this Tabata workout. My body hurts just watching it!



Let me know if you try these out & what you think! If you like this round up, let me know, I'd be happy to do more!

No comments:

Post a Comment