Friday 25 April 2014

Things I've Learned this Week: SPRING CLEANING EDITION

Guys....I don't want to jinx it, but I think spring is FINALLY on its way. It's about time too, I was about ready to pack up and move down south, just to avoid another snow storm! Fingers crossed that spring is here to stay because spring is definitely my favourite season of all time.

With spring, comes a lot of things: Spring Cleaning (which I'm starting this weekend), flowers blooming, sun shining, warm breezes, softball season (EEEK) and, my personal favourite, ALLERGIES! I'm a sniffling, wheezing, coughing mess right now. It's fine, I'm used to it, but for some reason it takes me by surprise EVERY YEAR.

Anyway, since winter looks like it's mostly over, I'm planning on starting my Spring Cleaning this weekend! For me, that usually entails, cleaning out the closets, de-junking, de-cluttering and giving the house a really, really good scrub. Obviously this can't all be done in one weekend, but I found some really great tips online on how the make the most of my spring cleaning efforts!



Things I've Learned this Week: SPRING CLEANING EDITION

1. If you have a limited amount of time on your hands, this is the ultimate 30 day, spring cleaning challenge:
 I really like this list because you can attack it daily, or, if you have more time, get a few things done in one day! Click Here for the printable version

2. Along with my clean eating challenge (yes, I'm STILL doing that!) I'm trying to live a little more "greenly" and use cleaners that don't have harsh chemicals in them. Molly eats & licks just about everything in our house, so I don't want her licking/eating chemicals. Here is an AMAZING list of cleaners that you can make on your own!
3. In our new place (which we've been at for almost a year now) we have a ceramic stove top that I constantly wipe & clear off, but always seems to have grunge & dirty bits on it. Thanks to Mom4Real, I have a new trick that I can try: Baking Soda and Water!

4. To make the process easier next year (and throughout the year) here are some tips on how to keep on top of 5 common messes, year round.

5. Finally, for me, this is the most challenging: cleaning out the closet. First of all, I don't really have THAT many clothes that I wear. I pretty much have 3 outfits that I mix and match for work and then I have my workout clothes. That's pretty much it. That being said, my closet is QUITE full of clothes that I never, ever wear, but keep for some reason. So, while I was on pinterest, I saw this & thought it was a GREAT idea:

Now, let's face it...at some point during the spring cleaning process, this is how you start to feel:


So take a deep breath and take it one room at a time! You'll get there, and trust me, you'll feel SO much better when it is done!

GOOD LUCK!








P.S. What is your favourite spring cleaning tip?

No comments:

Post a Comment