Wednesday 29 May 2013

We're Going Streaking!


How clever right? Here you think I'm talking about going naked, but I tricked you! Oh boy am I witty & clever...right? Right??????

Okay, I know, it's a cheap ploy to get your attention, but hopefully it worked (it's all for a good reason, I promise!)

Last week, my dear running buddy/guru posted on her Facebook page about something that Runner's World is promoting called "Summer Run Streak" where every day between Memorial Day (May 27) and Independence Day (July 4) you run ONE MILE (1.6 km) every day! I got really excited when I saw this because a) I've been in a bit of a running slump and b) my cute little poochie needs to run more (walks just don't cut it) so I'll have a running buddy every time I go out. Isn't she cute???


Now, I'm not only posting this to tell you all that I'm going to be running EVERY DAY for the next little bit (what have I gotten myself into?), I'm posting because I want to encourage YOU to try this challenge!!!!!!

Now, the folks at Running World suggest you don't run every day unless you have been training for 6 months + (see FAQ's here) BUT never fear, I have a plan! Instead of running 1.6KM every day try run/jog/shuffle one day and walk the next! Either way, it will only take you 10-15 mins, and is the perfect after dinner activity or early morning wake-up!

Take your kids! Take your pooch! Take your hubs/wifey! Whoever and whatever, take the 10-15mins every day until July 4 and give it a shot! If you've missed a couple of days, no big deal, just continue until July 6 instead!

Let me know how it goes, I'd love to hear your story!!

No comments:

Post a Comment