Monday 29 April 2013

"Better for You" Peanut Butter Cookies

Soooo, for those of you who know me (and particularly those who knew me in second year university), I REALLY love peanut butter. For example, in second year I went through one of the HUMUNGO tubs of PB in TWO MONTHS...yes, you're thinking of the right one...they usually last a family of 4 about 6 months. In my defense, I was vegetarian for those 2 months and that was my major source of protein...*cough* yes, we'll go with that.

Anywho, I love PB, but I've never really loved peanut butter cookies. I felt like they took away from the essence that is Peanut Butter. However, last night, as I was pulling out all my ingredients to make my No-Bake Choco-PB clusters, I happened to see a so called "Better for you" Peanut Butter cookie recipe on the back of the PB jar that looked kind of awesome. 3 ingredients, 20 min total prep time "better for you" (not sure how, but sounds convincing to me!)...deal!

Holy. Amazeball. These are the ultimate PB cookie. PLUS the are Gluten Free and Lactose Free (not that I care, but I have friends who do!)

"Better for You" Peanut Butter Cookies
 
Ingredients:

1 cup Reduced Fat Peanut Butter (I actually prefer this type of PB, but you can use whatever you want!)
1/2 cup Sugar (I used brown sugar)
1 Egg

Method:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

In a medium bowl, mix together the above ingredients (seriously, just the 3 of them), until well combined. 

Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Use a fork to make that crisscross pattern that is on ALL peanut butter cookies (and oddly, only on PB cookies...must find out why that is).

Put in the oven for 15 mins (at the most). You can tell they are done when the start to turn a dark-ish brown. Let cool on pan for about 5 mins then transfer to cooling rack.

NOTE: I only say the "5 min on pan" out of obligation. My hubby and I usually dig in around 2 minutes, cool or not. We also usually burn ourselves, but it's SO worth it. 

We went crazy and added little extra icing to ours (since these are "better for you", I'm sure the extra tablespoon of icing is cancelled out...right?) 

Thank you Kraft for providing me with these yummy, yummy cookies! This will deffo be a new staple in our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment