Friday 14 March 2014

5 Things I Learned This Week 03.14.14

So to give a bit of context, I went to give blood last Saturday, only to find out that my iron levels were WAY TOO LOW. Although I was sad that I couldn't give blood, I was also a little revlieved because I've been feeling pretty lethargic and "bleh" and just chalked it up to the crappy winter we've been having. SO, a couple of things I've learned this week are iron related as I'm trying to get my iron levels back up to where they need to be (without taking a supplement).

The other 3 things are just plain COOL!





5 Things I Learned this Week

1. The TOP 10 Iron Rich Foods are: 
Source: WebMD
2. In order to maximize your iron absorption into your body, make sure that you also eat foods with high Vitamin C in them at the same time - like almonds & an orange.Who knew?

3. We all know how gross microwaves can get....so STEAM CLEAN your microwave with lemon & water...BRILLIANT! Check out 36 MORE ways to clean your kitchen HERE.

4. This one came from my Dad: The Mistake you Should Make for Better Brownies - apparently, you should bake your brownies for 15 minutes then remove the pan from the oven and let the brownies rest 15 minutes at room temperature. Return the brownies to the oven and continue to bake them until a wooden pick comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes.This apparently gives them a more moist and fudgey quality! Will definitely be trying this one out!
Source: Yahoo! Shine
5. To create a pocket on your gift wrap to hold onto a card...do this:
Source: Martha Stewart
Pretty cool, right?? Click here for the full tutorial.

Well folks, that is what I learned on the interwebs this week! Remember, if you see something neat you'd like me to feature, let me know, I'd LOVE to post it!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment